Saturday, August 20, 2011

Quick Twist Out - Success!

Hello everyone who may potentially be out there in cyber space!

It's been pretty humid around here so I decided to try out the twist out again. I used Shea Moisture's Organic Curl and Style Hair Milk and their Hold and Shine Mist. Both are part of their Coconut Hibiscus line. They were  only $10 each at my local Walgreens. Can't really beat that and the reviews were great. I must say  that I was pleased with the results especially seeing that I didn't really give my hair enough time to dry.

Here's what I did.... I got up pretty early this morning with the baby and decided a twist out was in order. I sectioned my hair into 4 sections - back, two sides, and the front. Then I started from the back and wet my section with the hold and shine, added the hair milk to the part I was about to twist, combed through, and twisted. I put roughly 4 twists in each of the sections. I should mention that I did this all on dry hair. I went about my business ( ie - ran behind the baby) and four hours later decided to take the twists out. The back was dry but I felt the middle was a little damp so I put on my my soft hair drier cap while I washed bottles. After I finished the dishes I took the twists out. Not too bad if I do say so myself. Just a little bit more practice and I'll be able to put the twists in quicker.

Here's a pic of my results

I thought it was kinda cute ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment